We seem to have experienced an early spring this year with above normal temperatures and some good rains. You may have already completed your spring maintenance jobs, but in case you have not, here are some suggestions.
- Check your gutters and downspouts. Look for loose or damaged gutters as well as blockages in downspouts.
- Inspect your roof for winter damage. Look for loose and missing shingles.
- Take a close look at your chimney. Look for cracks, missing mortar, loose bricks or boards and signs of rot.
- Examine your drainage. Make sure soil slopes away from your foundation at 6 inches with the first 10 feet on all sides.
- Check your siding. Has any of it come loose or began to rot? Repair any damaged sections before moisture has a chance to set in.
- Schedule your biannual HVAC inspection. Have a professional inspect and repair as needed.
The six suggestions above is only an abbreviated list of recommended maintenance items. For a more detailed list and explanation, you can go to houselogic.com and search under “Spring & Summer Seasonal Maintenance Guide”. Also, if you need the name of a professional service person to evaluate and make repairs, contact me via phone or email. I keep a list of repair specialist and would be happy to share a name with you.